Monday, January 4, 2010

In 2010 I ... threw a Holiday Recovery party

The Holiday Recovery party has become a bit of a tradition with a great group of college friends. Erin, Nikki, Anne and I have been friends for what will soon scarily be 10 years, and this party marked the 3rd year we've gathered at my 750-square-foot condo for beverages, food, games, more beverages, and a slumber party. And since Anne brings TJ (they are married, after all) and Erin brings Kyle (they live together, after all) it's a tight squeeze that involves more than one air mattress.

To Kyle's dismay we mostly recount stories from time spent at Winona State (he's the only non-WSU grad) but also from recovery parties past - like the year Kyle and TJ ran 5 blocks to Hum's in icy, below-zero temperatures (less than 10 minutes before it closed) for a bottle of Jagermeister. Upon arrival back at my place, they each took one shot. The bottle then sat in my freezer for 2 months before I regifted it at another party.

These moments are the reason for the blog. The weddings and cabin trips and birthday celebrations are photographed and memorable, but these are the things that I don't want to forget - the things that fill the moments in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment