Monday, June 14, 2010

In 2010 I ... thrifted, again.

I'm hoping that one of these days Hunt & Gather stumbles across my blog and decides they want to pay me to blog about everything I find, make and love there. It is seriously just the most glorious treasure haven ever. In introducing Jennie to it this past weekend, I came across this lovely:




The gold detail! The perfectly historic and modern font choices! Swoon. While this one will be living with me, several other "Quips and Quotes" posters (in orange, yellow and cream) will be framed and available in the Etsy shop soon, including:

Yellow: "Crafty men contemn studies, simple men admire them, and wise men use them."
-Francis Bacon

Blue (with magenta detail): "A Slip of the Foot you may soon recover, But a Slip of the Tongue you may never get over." -Benjamin Franklin

Yellow: "If you write a better book, or preach a better sermon, or build a better mouse-trap than your neighbor, the world will make a beaten track to your door." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Orange: "Nothing can bring you peace but yourself." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cream: "The history of the world is but the biography of great men." -Thomas Carlyle

Shoot me a note if you might be interested in one of these - I'd be happy to mount and frame them to your specifications.

On an H&G-related note, I also managed to grab this adorable white vintage clutch on sale for just $9:

Perfect timing to coordinate with the polka dot number, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment