Tuesday, July 13, 2010

In 2010 I ... designed wedding invitations

My former post-college roommate, Lisa, is getting married in September (at Target Field - cool, huh?) and asked me to design her wedding invitations. While it's a lot of work, it's so fun to be able to lend a hand on projects like this - and it's a nice change of pace to be designing for fun, not work.

So after a couple months of mock-ups, wordsmithing, finessing and proofing, I just received my actual invite in the mail today. How exciting!

Ooh, suspense!






This was a big project, with an enclosure to source, photo to size and print, velum overlay to design, three insertion cards (with the directions card ending up double-sided) and coordinating squeezing a return envelope in with all that! Thankfully Lisa had a pretty solid idea of what she was looking for, which made putting it all together that much easier.

We're off to Lisa's bachelorette party in Okoboji this weekend, and I know I'll be able to relax significantly more knowing these are complete!

2 comments:

  1. Those are amazing! They look very easy to read (very important for invitations)and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Hayley! It's always hard to strike a balance between what you like and what the other person wants, but since it's her wedding, it only seemed fair to let Lisa take charge ... I just did what I was told!

    Need any invites yourself? :)

    ReplyDelete