Thursday, April 22, 2010

In 2010 I ... was a bouncer

Well, sort of. Okay, kind of just a little bit. But I'm counting it. (It feels one step closer to my bartending aspirations.)

This past week many of my friends, the founders/organizers/leaders of Uptown Market, hosted a great fundraiser at Intermedia Arts to kick-off its second year of providing the Uptown neighborhood with access to local produce, local art and more. So when Megan asked me to help out at the door for some of the night, I couldn't say no.

Me and Cathy regulating at the door. We obviously struck fear in underagers everywhere.

The entire event was a huge success and the UM team raised a ton of money for a cool cause. There was also a silent auction, so I walked away with this beauty at the end of the night:

Spoon poster donated by Flora Fauna

Uptown Market is hoping to be a weekly event this summer, and based on the fun I had bouncing I'm certain I'll be volunteering again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment