Sunday, January 17, 2010

In 2010 I ... said Farewell to a Friend (Round 1)

A very unfortunate thing is happening. One-fifth of the dinner club, and a quite lovely friend, is moving. To Michigan. Needless to say, George will be sorely missed. But his leaving was also an ideal excuse for a weekend-long celebration. Great friends, food and wine launched the festivities on Friday night as Morgan & Erin hosted an amazing Spanish-style dinner party.

Stuffed peppers, tomato tuna cups, paella, braised pork with garlicky spinach (ooh, and pine nuts!) and chocolate cake with ice cream ... ole!

As usual, Morgan and Erin's culinary superiority put my professional microwaving to shame. It pays to have friends with food skillz.

Wine, wine, wine and countless laughs later, the night wrapped with too many rounds of Rock Band and Diana in the dog bed. A perfect segue to Farewell Round 2.

2 comments:

  1. Emily, you are the sweetest friend! I'm so glad we met and grew to be close friends. This January marked a milestone of our maturing friendship and I definitely count on many more years to come =)

    See you in Vegas, New York and even Grand Rapids Michigan.

    Besos.
    Gx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maturing friendship? I love you, but for some reason I that grosses me out a little bit.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete