Thursday, August 5, 2010

In 2010 I ... savored Restaurant Week

Restaurant Week is a delicious thing. Lunches and dinners at some very fine dining establishments for a fraction of the price = right up my alley. Not surprisingly, I knew a couple other foodies (Diana, Alex and Morgan) who'd be interested in taking advantage of the deals.

We settled on Meritage, a daring venture seeing as the restaurant is set in ... ST. PAUL. (We almost never cross the border.)

Yet another stolen image. I was so enthralled by my food that even though I packed a serious camera for dinner, I didn't manage to take a single shot.

The Restaurant Week dinner menu choices were fantastic, so we all managed to find 3 delicious courses for just $30 each. I truly did savor the chilled lime and tomato soup, shrimp and crab risotto, and chocolate mousse. Yum! (D, M, A and I enjoyed some pretty delicious cocktails, too.)

Meritage chefs

The service was also lovely, with a table-side visit from the chef - I can't recall the last time I experienced that at dinner. Overall the trip to St. Paul was a smart one, and I would highly recommend dinner, or even just swinging in for a drink at Meritage's quaint bar.

Sneaking out for a dinner like this during the week was a double treat ... somehow it just feels even more indulgent to do it on a random Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment