Monday, June 28, 2010

In 2010 I ... saw Mates of State (& Free Energy)

I love Mates of State. There's something about a husband-wife duo that travel on a tour bus with their kids and nanny (who works the merch table) that just makes me ... well, jealous.

Hayley, Jess, Roxie, Tom and I met up with a posse of showing-going friends at Acadia for delicious beverages (blackberry porter, yum!) before the Mates show at the 400 Bar.

Mates in action

Opening was Free Energy, who I'd not yet seen live and really enjoyed. (Bands that smile make me smile. I can't help it.)

And this is a perfect summer tune, one I have a feeling I'll be listening to often with the windows down in the Mini.

While it was sweatier than I'd ever prefer, it's the price that must be paid for great shows at small bars. Not the first, and certainly not the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment