Monday, March 8, 2010

In 2010 I ... took a Winter Weekend up North

Four girls and a sunny Saturday made for a perfect wintery escape while we could all still fit in one car.

Anne, Jenny, Stacia and I ran off to Stacia's cabin for a quick getaway before Jenny (in April) and Stacia (in June) welcome new additions to their families. For me, it was a pre-vacation before my Mexican hiatus - like practice for the big game - and a needed break after the car accident craziness. (Although the girls did have to listen to me debate buying the Mini all weekend. Sorry again, friends.)

We did what we usually do at the cabin - almost nothing. As little as possible, really. Eating, reading, game playing, and all-around general laziness. It was lovely. I brought 500 Days of Summer (I know, I'm super behind on movies) and just adored it. Gushed about it, honestly, and bought the soundtrack before we even left.

Jen, Stac and Anne busy at work in the kitchen, of course.

That's it. That's all that happened. On a related note:

Dear J and S,
Hurry up and birth these babies so we can get back to doing nothing, please.

Thanks very much for your consideration on this important matter.

Yours truly,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment