Monday, February 8, 2010

In 2010 I ... attended the year's first Baby Shower

Everyone is pregnant. Honestly, everyone.

Okaaay, maybe not everyone. But it sure feels like it. And with pregnancies come baby showers, the first of which was this Sunday ... a strange pre-Super Bowl activity.

Pregnancy #1 goes to Jenny, 1/4 of a great group of friends from high school; of the group, 1/2 is pregnant. (I hope that's the most math, pregnancy related or otherwise, this blog ever sees.)

So we celebrated Jen's upcoming addition with gifts, games and talk of times when no one owned a home, was married, or starting a family. Conclusion: we're old. Age was some assistance, however, as my new mom friend Jennie was able to offer great suggestions as to the best items to purchase for this Jenny (which I'll likely be repurposing for Stacia soon, too).

This posse is getting heading up north for a short weekend hiatus next Saturday, and we realized it will be the last time we'll be able to take the trip together in one car. I think I'll be sure to stretch out a little bit further on this drive ... before the car seats and diaper bags won't allow for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment